Sunday, November 1, 2009

Family medicine

"...while we're on the subject, would you mind paying for another prescription as well?"

"What is it for?"

"It's to treat male-pattern baldness."

"What? But you're not bald..."

"I'm losing my hair, though. I've noticed it over the past year. My hairline is receding, and my temples are thinning. My father lost his hair at a very young age, and my three cousins are almost completely bald."

"Well, that's a natural part of life, isn't it? As men get older, they lose their hair. It seems like a cosmetic thing to me."

"I went to my doctor, he examined me, and he prescribed me this. He even got it so I don't have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for it. Just ten dollars."

"We'll see."

Boy, as if insurance companies weren't bad enough...I manage to get one to cover a prescription, and now the 'rents hesitate to pay up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment