Friday, May 14, 2010

The near future

The nearest future seems much more futuristic than any past future. Suprisingly, the make/break dire predictions I'm forming in my mind regarding the next three months are not stressing me out. They are exciting me to no end. I guess technically they're eustressing me out.

I'll divide the expected changes into mind, body, and so...cial.

Mind:
  • School: I just did my first semester at the institution I plan on ultimately graduating from, and I performed really well with minimal effort. Problem is, I didn't learn as much as I could have due to my lack of effort, nor did I get the 4.0 that I easily could have learned. So, changes must be made to get me motivated
  • Reading: I've got so many damn books I've been collecting over the years, and maybe 1% of them have been touched even once. (That statistic isn't even an underestimate: I have far more than 100 books waiting for touching, so 1% is actually possible.) My official goal: read three books this summer. I'm setting the bar way low.
  • Blog/journal: I definitely need to write more. Specifically, I need to write for just myself more. It's easier to get my thoughts out when I'm not concerned about my audience. At the same time, I also need to blog here. Yep.
Body:
  • Exercise: I'm in perhaps the best shape of my life right now...again, with minimal effort. My goal is to exercise for at least 10 minutes every day. Even if that means doing five minutes each of pushups and situps. Even if that just means walking around in the sun.
  • Diet: I'm gonna try to go vegan this summer. With Br's help, it won't be too hard. If I falter from veganism, I want to: a) be vegetarian, b) limit eggs and limit/eliminate dairy, and c) get on a regular eating schedule.
  • Sleep: I want to get more sleep. This one will be tough, as the nighttime is the righttime, and I'm gonna be having so much fun with Br. Still, I want to get on a predictable sleep schedule. The biggest question will be: if I get to bed later than I want, should I wake up at the normal time and deal with the deficit until that night, or sleep in a bit later and risk throwing off my pattern?
  • Chemicals: I want to minimize synthetic chemicals. This will mean making soap/shampoo, minimizing showers, and eliminating processed foods. This will also include fewer/no chemical indulgences.
Social:
  • Bike program: This is my first priority. Volunteer at a bike co-op, learn how to assemble a bicycle from scratch, and then keep it. They are trans- friendly and seem to be huge hippies, in the best socially-beneficial sense of the term.
  • Job or volunteering: I'd like to make some money doing something I enjoy. Even if I can't find a job, I want to spend my free time helping folk, and meeting folk who help folk.
  • Video projects: I really hope to get this off the ground. I want to start turning all these fun ideas for videos that have been kicking around in my head into reality. This will involve tapping plenty of people to act and produce. This will mean lots of getting to know other people

Three is a magic number, so three things in each of three categories is thrice times thrice magic. Plus, I've run out of things to say. I know there are more, but I don't care to name them now. More later!

OMG I almost forgot about you down here, you magic invisible swatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment