Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11-24-10

The beginnings of a diary.

Woke up at 5am in a hotel room with my parents. This scared me shitless...it's one thing to wear baggy clothes and interact with them in short bursts, but it's another entirely to be wearing jammies and spending days on end with them. At least I don't have to worry about morning wood now.

As insufferable as the concept of my extended family can at times be, my confidence has received a much needed stroking today. Four kids, from 4 to 15 years old, clamoring for my attention without pause. I've never held so many simultaneous conversations. It's nice to know that at the end of the day there are some folks who think I'm alright.

Whether they would still think that if they knew who I really was remains to be seen, but I guess only a small handful of people have ever come close to knowing the majority of my identities, while the rest are stuck with what I present. And I forget that I can be pretty good at presenting.

I'm still crestfallen, but at least I know life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment