Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bananas foster, anyone?

Bananas foster, you do it to me every time! 

I spent a good chunk of today researching (read: looking at Wikipedia) Scientology. Now, I've heard of Scientology before, and I know just a little bit about it. Somehow I got started on it, and I wanted to learn as much about it as I could while it was fresh in my mind.

Don't worry, I'm not converting.

I decided I'd had enough, so I plugged in my ears and decided to watch the new Aqua Teen. Lo and behold, the whole episode is about religion, sorta, and near the end there is significant discussion of different aspects of Scientology. Some of those aspects were actually quite specific, and I wouldn't have had any idea what they were referring to if I hadn't just gotten done reading a bunch about the religion. 

I like this particular instance of BFS because the second related event happened right away. There was almost no pause between me reading about Scientology and me watching ATHF.

Go look up Scientology! It's some really interesting shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment