Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Footsies

Feet are pretty interesting. Lots of people think they are sexy; they are certainly erogenous. A fair number of people, though, are disgusted by them and everything to do with them.

I find this bizarre. There's something fun and poetic about feet. I like to have thick callouses; I wonder if building up extra-thick foot skin helps with back problems? When they get really big, I feel like they are the equivalent of foot armor, or even little foot horns or tusks or what have you. Modern human bioadapdation. That's what it is.

I had other thoughts about feet while I was in the shower, but now I've forgotten them. I need to paint my nails. Can't decide if I should stray from the red and black.

CSU orientation the day after tomorrow. I'm not consciously nervous, but I know that there's a bunch of stuff lurking behind the veil. Everything will probably be alright.

I printed out the requirements for the majors I'm considering. Interest-wise, I narrowed my list down to:
  1. Anthropology
  2. Ethnic studies
  3. Human development and family studies
  4. Social studies education (Basically a history major with an extra year)
  5. Social work
  6. Sociology
  7. Psychology
Now, those are the majors I would take if I had all the time and money in the world. But I don't. My next goal was to figure out which majors had the most crossover. The curricula for several of my desired majors were comprised mostly of classes that were just for that major and did not fulfill many of the more flexible requirements for other majors. This left me a few options.

  1. Anthropology
  2. Social work
  3. Sociology
  4. Psychology
This list would be what I would likely do if I were to quadruple-major. Since I am merely human, my task now is to figure out which classes overlap multiple majors the best. Here is what I've come up with.
  1. Anthro: 15 classes. One stats course; seven anthro-only courses; four anthro courses that apply to other majors; three courses in any social science (i.e. Econ, History, Polsci, Psychology, Sociology)
  2. Social work: 18 classes. 13 are social work specific; two are required courses for anthro; one is an elective for sociology and anthro; two are common to all three other majors
  3. Sociology: 14 classes. One required class is a social work required class; 21 credits spread out over anthro, econ, history, polsci, and psychology; six classes that can be required electives for social work and anthro
  4. Psych: I'm way over this now. This information will be obsolete in less than 36 hours anyway, after classes are chosen.
Anyway, the point is that there is a ton of overlap. I'll be able to comfortably choose classes for two semesters without worrying about closing any doors or not pursuing any avenues. And that is totally sweet. So hooray for all that.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ace bandage corsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment